- I’m on my way to Atlanta to participate in the Decatur Book Festival. Sunday at noon. Join me!
- Librarians in Virginia reshelved 27,000 books post-earthquake.
- Justin Torres: “We The Animals” on Diane Rhem!
- Roxane Gay (whom I adore) is going to be in Best American Sex Writing for her essay, “The Careless Language of Sexual Violence.”
- Want your favorite author to skype in for your book club meeting?
- Have you heard about paperback swapping on line?
- Excellent interview with Robin Black.
- Video & audio of 10 all time classic Civil Rights protest songs.
- The 7 habits of highly effective writers. What’s your writing personality type?
- 5 great books about secret famlies. (complied by yours truly)
- This is not all that new, but I was too shamed to post it earlier. But they like me over at The Root.
- One teen’s response to banned books: a blackmarket library in her locker!
- And the prize for most sought-after out of print book goes to….
- Eight reasons kids should read comics. And one reason why they shouldn’t– systematic exclusion of women.
- When (Dead) Writers Tweet: The Art of Concise Imitation.
- Opportunity Alert: Esquire short fiction contest
- Another Opportunity Alert: Writing workshop with Bernice MacFadden.
- “Most things good for writing are bad for life” – Lorrie Moore
- The best picture in the world is up on my tumblr right now.
- Book Tour
- Cambridge Chronicles
- Cocktails With Writers
- Community Service
- Current Events
- D.C. Diaries
- External Posts
- From The Archives
- Guest Bloggers
- Jersey Journals
- Leaving Atlanta Film
- Living For The City
- Real Lives, Real Stories
- Surviving The Draft
- The Artist's Way
- The Writing Life
- Toni Morrison
- Travels & Rambles
- Writing Life
- Writing Rituals